I received word this morning that my publisher, Wiley, has received the Fed-Ex’d manuscript for How to Lead by THE BOOK: Proverbs, Parables & Principles to Tackle Your Fourteen Toughest Business Challenges–one day ahead of the December 15th deadline! Now, I can move on to revise and expand, How to Run Your Business by THE BOOK, with a deadline of February 15th.
Here’s how the process will now work with Wiley. They will do the following:
1. Read and review the book and make additional proofing changes as needed.
2. Make me aware of any objectionable content they would like me to soften or reconsider.
3. Send the manuscript back to me for final revisions.
In the opening pages of a book the author has an opportunity to write a “Dedication” and “Acknowledgments”. Here’s are the special people I’ve decided to include in this book:
This book is dedicated to Jesus Christ and His persecuted followers in “closed” countries throughout the world, and to exceptional organizations like EQUIP, 222 Ministries, and Voice of the Martyrs who serve and support them.
It gives me great pleasure to acknowledge the following family, friends and co-laborers who have helped me with this book:
* To Rhonda, my wife and business partner. You are the love of my life and if you ever leave me, I am going with you!
* To Russell, for your exceptional work running LearnToLead with Rhonda so that I had the time to write this book.
* To Ryan for your diligent labors in proofing and formatting this book…and for tolerating the many, “Oh, by the way, could you add this to chapter so and so” after it was already complete.
* To Dan and Matt at Wiley for your enthusiasm and support for the By THE BOOK brand.
* To my beautiful and brilliant daughter Ashley, for your recommendations which I have happily included. How did you get so smart?
* To Christian giants of faith like Spurgeon, Simeon, Henry, and Gothard who have added incredible richness to my understanding of the Scriptures.
Now…I’ll get the manuscript to the kind folks who promised to consider writing a cover quote for the book, so they can begin to read it. I need to get all cover quotes to the publisher by February 1!