As I’ve worked on How to Lead by THE BOOK the past two weeks, I’ve changed course and have decided to spend more time and provide deeper teaching on each business challenge and its Biblical remedies. In order to accomplish this, I’ll list fewer challenges overall, but will expand on the highest impact areas where I’ve found that leaders need the most help. Here’s a sampling of the chapters I’ve completed thus far:
1. What is the most effective way to hold others accountable?
2. Should leaders be held more accountable than followers?
3. Which is the most effective leadership style?
4. How do I recruit great people?
5. What is the best interview strategy?
6. Which questions should I ask during an interview?
7. What is the most effective way of giving feedback?
8. What exactly are core values, how do I create them and use them effectively?
Depending upon space, there should be twenty-one of these key challenges overall along with in-depth examples on how to master them.
I’m traveling with Rhonda this morning to Dallas where I’ve been invited to give the Monday morning devotionals to Zig Ziglar’s company, and then teach a web cast on Wednesday for him: “Ten Proverbs, Parables, and Principles to Help You Sell More of Anything NOW!”. You can sign up for free at their website http://www.ziglar.com/webcast/webcast_register.html
You’ll be able to ask me questions-live–after the web cast is over! I hope you can join me on Wednesday–you don’t want to miss the Ten Points I’ll present to help you and your team sell more!
Tags: dave anderson author, dave anderson blog, dave anderson speaker, day 106-107 how to lead by the book, eight challenges that face leaders, how to lead by the book, learntolead.com blog, www.learntolead.com, zig ziglar